Saturday 14 May 2016

Day 3 - 135 -- In Someone's thoughts

After a day filled with cleaning chores, an unexpected call led to a relaxing evening out with a friend. Earlier in the week I heard from another friend by mail -- one that checks in every few weeks just to say hello. That I am in someone's thoughts and actions is humbling and so appreciated. Many people check in electronically, by phone, mail or in person. I try to do the same. There are always people in my thoughts, but I don't always let them know I'm thinking of them. I have to be better at doing this. It is important and I know how good it feels to be the recipient of such thoughts. It made this rainy day turn a bit brighter.

Small actions can mean so much. We don't have to make grand gestures -- little things do mean a lot. If we could each do something for someone in our thoughts wouldn't that be great? An old song came to mind when thinking about this tonight. The singer made me smile as a child -- hope he can do that for you today. Enjoy!

Make Someone Happy -- Jimmy Durante


No comments:

Post a Comment