Thursday 26 May 2016

Day 3 - 147 -- Almost within Sight

Today has been a full day. I got my laptop back from the IT folks who ran a malware scan and found way too many indicators of some nasty bug. It seems to be clean now. It was great to get back to having my regular set up at my desk and something that could forward to the system printers. For many in our building, wifi enabled devices seem to not fully send jobs to the printers. Instead the jobs are held somewhere in the system and are released hours and often days after they'd been sent -- generally after the laptop has been hard-wire connected to the system and wifi has been disabled. Too weird, but it works so we go with it. I got less completed today than I'd hoped due to this disruption, but it wasn't a total write-off of a day. I did some errands after work and finished making my spiced applesauce after supper tonight. The temperature dropped dramatically between noon and late evening, really bringing us back to average for this time of year. I hope to sleep better with less humidity and heat in the house.

I was smiling today when it was clear that the large doses of antibiotics will be finished tomorrow. I had calculated that the noon dose tomorrow would be the final one. When looking at the pills in the bottle tonight, there is a full dose extra --bonus pills <smile> --  so supper tomorrow will be the last dose. I really don't know where I missed a dose. I've been up for midnight, awoken for 6 AM, and taken lunch and supper doses with meals as directed. I have been very anal about this whole thing, so really am not sure which dose was missed. Either way, the bottle will be empty tomorrow. You all may hear me shout for joy when the last of the capsules are swallowed <grin>. They appear to have done their job on the hand infection, so I'm pleased with that.

The song that hit my thought waves today made me giggle. Some of the lyrics and the title speak to some of my feelings today, and while there seems a bit more of a combative tone at times, that, too, isn't fully out of my thoughts of the immunological battle that has been waged inside me for ten days. The multiple parts and melodies represent the chaos of the past many days. I love this piece and this version has several of my favourite voices at work -- particularly Colm Wilkinson, Phillip Quast and Lea Solonga. Enjoy!

One Day More -- Les Miserables cast 10th Anniversary Concert (filmed at Royal Albert Hall 1995)



No comments:

Post a Comment