Friday 2 December 2016

Day 3 - 337 -- Frenetic Pace

The last day of classes -- it seems somewhat anticlimactic since there is still so much to do in the coming two weeks. We had an end of term gathering with faculty and students that provided a time to take a quick break between events. I was afraid to sit at one of the tables for fear I fell asleep. Looking around the room, it was clear that I wasn't the only exhausted one there.  On the way home, I treated myself to a wood-fired pizza for supper from our local mobile pizza oven. Yum! <smile>

I carried home a big bag of materials to help me write the exams for this term and the course outlines for next term. The plan tonight was to complete the online course that I've been taking (in my spare time <grin>) and to make a shopping list for things that have to hit the mail by the end of next week. After supper, I settled down to work and promptly fell asleep -- for almost 2 hours! Needless to say the 'to do' list for tonight has been scrapped, meaning more for tomorrow.

I suspect that even without being in the academic field, life can be frenetic at this time of year. Pressures to do so much so perfectly come at us from all around and from within. The pace of events seems to rise to an untenable level. No wonder everyone looks so stressed and tired. A song was shared at work today that just seemed to fit this feeling so well. It should bring a smile. Enjoy!

Christmas Can Can -- Straight No Shooter

No comments:

Post a Comment