Monday 26 December 2016

Day 3 - 360 -- Weather Tried to Interfere

As I was watching TV and eating my Christmas brunch, a call came from friends wondering if my power was out. When I said it wasn't and that I was watching TV, they were surprised. They were thinking of starting dinner for our group but were without power. I had an oven free so offered that should things not start working by the time the turkey had to start. Their power was out for two hours, but back on just after noon, so things moved ahead almost as expected.  I cooked my vegetable dish and packed it, gifts and wine into a weather proof canvas bag, and walked up to their home. It had begun to snow rather heavily just before I set out. The winds were still quite strong -- the source of the power outage earlier in the day. It wasn't too bad for the first few blocks and then the light snow turned to snow-ice pellets. Free facial and makeup remover -- I swear if I bared my legs it would have been a great depilatory, too. <smile>  The gusts were ferocious at times. By home time, after a delightful evening with friends, the snow had stopped, but friends drove me home. While clear and bright out, the wind is still coming around over and over with major gusts -- scary sounding. This wind has been acting up since the overnight. Time to give it a rest, I'd say so we can all have a peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. After all, we now have to shovel again tomorrow. <smile> Only 2-3 inches with another couple of inches expected throughout tomorrow.

A traditional carol has been running through my head today -- hopefully not due to the Weather Network using it every 10 minutes for the past few days. I heard a very different arrangement with a singer and not just a piano, so it is unlikely that this came from TWN. <smile>  I love this version by a fantastic female singer. It is peaceful. Enjoy!

Oh Little Town of Bethlehem -- Barbra Streisand




No comments:

Post a Comment