Friday 16 December 2016

Day 3 - 351 -- Enough Already

Will this never stop?? This morning it was -17C (~0F) with a feel like temp of about -30 (either scale is about the same at this point). It snowed and blew around during the night and was still gusting mightily as I pushed the snow to make a walkway to the street. Due to the cold, the snow was light to push and lift. It was not as deep as I'd expected it to be -- about 8 inches. Once that was done, I changed for work and walked in again. I need a plow to clear the heavy deep pile at the end of the driveway and visibility was miserable with the gusting wind, so the car stayed put. It was also colder than is best for a cold car start -- no plugging in vehicles at this end of the country. Walking was fairly good, though crossing at corners was an act of faith when visibility was a block or less. I dropped the book bag in the office and took the mail (Christmas cards I'd addressed during the exam last night) to the campus post office and dropped the computer cards from the exam last evening at the IT desk. When I got back, I had 30 minutes to set up the exam for today. Just as I was about to walk next door to the classroom, I heard that the university had closed due to weather and all exams remaining today (2 PM and 7 PM) would be deferred to January. That was a 30 minute notice for the afternoon exams. <sigh>  I got a ride home so I could take the mega-tonne of exams from yesterday -- too heavy to carry and walk that far.

I'll admit to only one lyric line running over and over in my head today. It definitely summed up the view from any window, though I've always had issues with the main message and title of the song <smile>. This version is by a voice from another era. Enjoy!

Let it Snow -- Dean Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment