Tuesday 6 December 2016

Day 3 - 341 -- Colourful Lights Breach the Greyness

Much typing today -- setting two final exams. It was grey and felt cold and damp outside. I ran out part way through the exam writing to mail a letter and get some lunch -- a hearty curried lentil and vegetable soup. It was perfect for a cold weather day and very tasty. I managed to get the exams off to the printer before end of day and then completed some review for upcoming course outlines. So -- a work filled day.

Christmas shopping lists need more attention. I have some shopping completed from earlier in the year, but a few small items need to be added. Hopefully, I can visit a couple places between meetings tomorrow afternoon as I travel between venues. Shop windows are well decorated for the holidays and music emanates from many storefronts and all ceilings in town. Lights are out in full force in the evening, making the greyness of a day become a multicoloured extravaganza. The tree in the house needs to be placed so those lights come inside and give that magical place to lose oneself in the darkness.

A song that I've heard in several places over the past few days has stuck with me. It is upbeat and fun. Enjoy!

All I Want for Christmas is You -- Mariah Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment