Tuesday 27 December 2016

Day 3 - 362 -- Sun, Snow, Rain

While out in the rain shoveling snow, slush and water, the sun came out -- briefly, but it made an appearance. My plow guy seems to have come early in the morning without my request. Sadly, the sidewalk and street plows went by after he moved a lesser amount of snow. If I call, it is always to move what the other plows leave behind and not for the lighter slush and snow -- but for those huge boulders of ice that get pushed up into my driveway like some manic tidal ice jam on wheels. It took me longer than expected to move the extra pile left by the truck plow and then tackle the town plow drivers' deposits. I smiled a lot, despite the heavy loads because of the sun, the iPod and the song that I knew would be for the blog today. I heard it in my head with an altered lyric -- exchanging 'shovel' for 'love you'. It made me smile and even laugh a bit. Just me out there slinging snow and singing the blues <grin>

I've chosen a version with two iconic guitar players each with long recording careers. The older voice has a rather wide vibrato by this point, but it is still unmistakable. The two voices together are a gift to us all. Enjoy!

Come Rain or Come Shine -- Eric Clapton & B.B. King



No comments:

Post a Comment