Wednesday 2 June 2021

Day 8 - 153 -- Admiring Changes

We had a sunny warmer Wednesday. While I was doing a couple of small outdoor tasks this afternoon, I enjoyed a long look at the honeysuckle in all its deep pink glory. I noticed a few lily buds in the backyard but none in the front bank of greenery. Sadly, there have been few blooms there for several years. One of the irises that have been there for several years finally has a flower bud emerging for the first time. That is exciting. 

Seeing the changes in the plants almost daily, brings hope and reminds me of the consistency of the passage of seasons and time. Somehow that is comforting. The fleeting beauty of the various blooms nudges my mind to note the importance of paying attention to the changes. Stop to look around or we might miss something wonderful. 

A song came to mind as I was admiring the flowers today. It was one of my dad's favourite jazz tunes, composed by Fats Waller.. 

Honeysuckle Rose -- Sarah Vaughn




No comments:

Post a Comment