Monday 14 June 2021

Day 8 - 165 -- Balancing the Day

Monday began cool and the temperature rose over 20C by mid-afternoon. It also began cloudy around dawn but soon became mainly sunny for the rest of the day. I visited with a friend by phone which gave me some helpful information to deal with household issue. A virtual business meeting later in the afternoon left me with more paperwork  -- too much already on the plate <sigh>. In the cool of the evening I went for a pleasant walk to mail a letter. Yes -- an actual paper letter to a friend. <smile> While much was left undone today, I did get three things knocked off the list and another couple moved forward a bit. All in all, I'll take that as a win today. 

Often when looking at weighing pros and cons, the metaphors used are those of  winning or scoring. These are based in battle and sports and are not my favourite ones to use due to their violent nature. so, today was not all positive, but there was enough there to make it feel okay. The song chosen deals with the concept of winning, but seems to use fewer fighting metaphors in its survival messaging. To me much of the lyrics sound more up than down <smile>. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I'm Gonna Win -- Foreigner



 


No comments:

Post a Comment