Sunday 13 June 2021

Day 8 - 164 -- Pressurized

When trying to meet expectations set for several smaller goals , sometimes I feel so inept while at other times, so uninspired. Recognizing that my skill sets require input from someone else can be challenging. Asking for input or assistance can be so very difficult. I wonder at times if there is some type of shame involved in having to depend on others. Where would that have come from -- the need to be independent or a fear of loss of independence or what? This could stem from feeling that I have gotten myself into a situation and should have known better. <sigh> As for feeling uninspired, the source may be more nebulous. Ennui is difficult to pin down. Perhaps the world-weariness from global, local and personal situations begins to weigh heavily -- all those impediments in the way of reaching goals. This could affect problem solving abilities that lead to a feeling of being ineffectual. So, that could mean it is one giant circle -- or vortex even <smile>. Either way the pressure can be overwhelming. 

To help me move forward today, I admired the first bloom on the irises that I've had for over 5 years. It is a lovely lilac shade and huge. And of course, there is music, which helps me in all kinds of conundrums. A song from a favourite band fit my thoughts perfectly today. Love the opening guitar riff. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Under Pressure -- Queen ft. David Bowie



 

No comments:

Post a Comment