Wednesday 30 June 2021

Day 8 - 181 -- Circuitous Routes

 The saga of the non-functional ID card continued. Call #1 made in mid-morning did not get back until late afternoon and was not much help having suggested ways to send documents to printers. This could not be done due to the card and login information not being accepted by system. Call #2 made a couple of hours after the first involved a missed deadline o my part that will be OK if I get documentation submitted i the next week <smile>. They could not do anything about my card, but suggested I can #1 or #3. So, call #3 stated they didn't deal with printers so they missed the whole issue the the card and account seemed to be blocked. They have ability to look at the account online. Instead they sent me to another place and again noted I should contact #1. <sigh> Call #4 suggested I call #1. When I noted I had, the person asked me to wait. When he returned, he noted that he'd checked the account and reset the expiry date. I asked what it was set as. Apparently it had been set as September 1, 2020 and he changed that to 2021. old accounts usually aren't purged until sometime in June, so the first call I made was the office that should have been able to fix it all since they were the ones that blocked my access. I'm glad I called rather than having to chase around campus. The printer responded and printed the files I'd tried to print last night, so all is well with this issue. It did take most of the day, though. 

While on campus, I had a good chat with a friend that emphasized how we are all in some place of stress. I found the second major lockdown difficult to contend with when it extended far longer than we had expected -- just like last year. Was this some sort of 'ground hog day' phenomenon -- repeating ad insaniam? We may actually see the end of the tunnel, yet trust remains elusive -- fool me once and all that. It becomes difficult to even make potential plans when we are uncertain if they will come to fruition at the appointed time and place. We've had that football yanked out from in front of us too many times so just can't seem to get into some type of planning mode again. It all comes down to fear of letting oneself trust. For anyone who already had difficulty trusting, these past many months have only exacerbated that difficulty. 

For a day when pondering and experience took me in a circular route, the song shared today seemed to work well. The questions asked in the chorus are very apropos. Keep well. Enjoy! 

Will it Go Round in Circles -- Billy Preston





No comments:

Post a Comment