Wednesday 16 June 2021

Day 8 - 166 -- Berry Season is Here

Today was mainly sunny and a bit warmer into the afternoon than I'd expected. The lawn mowers arrived this morning -- two instead of one so things went quicker. The main guy sometimes will bring family members with him to speed up the process. The lawn looks so nice when it is done -- all fresh and new. it looks great the rest of the week, but those first few hours really shine. 

My outing for the day involved heading to three stores for one thing at each. At the grocery store, I got the one item needed, but found that local strawberries had just been added to the shelf -- well local as in from the province not from the growers just outside of town quite yet. The Valley (Annapolis) is  usually a couple of weeks ahead of growth in the immediate area here. So, I had to buy those, of course. The second place was to get an item for friends, but I bought two -- one for them and one for me <smile>. The third place had most of what I wanted, but I will need to go to the main Post Office for one item not at the kiosk downtown. I know, I said one item at each place but this was a package of newly released stamps and a first day cover so it seemed like one thing to me <smirk>. 

I found a song by a psychedelic rock group with a name that fits part of my shopping purchases today. It is about agricultural pursuits. I do hope that the recent late frosts have not badly affected local growers. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mr. Farmer -- Strawberry Alarm Clock




No comments:

Post a Comment