Thursday 17 June 2021

Day 8 - 168 -- Hunting for Patience

The sun shone all day but many rain-filled clouds blew by, too. High surf occurred in the southern part of the province due to the remnants of tropical storm Bill. No wind or rain reached the mainland as this system moved by while well out to sea. This forecast caught me off guard, as I don't recall the first named storm this season. There will be more as the season wears on -- June through November. In this part of the Atlantic coast we see stronger storms arrive in the latter half of the season, once the water temperature has risen. 

I met with a friend in person this afternoon. We went for a short walk and paused for a visit over tea. It is great to see people other than on a screen. I am happy to be able to meet with more distant friends virtually, but I can't wait to see them when we are all in the same place. At present, the first step towards that end that I have some small degree of power over, it to get the second vaccine dose. I received notice yesterday that I could now rebook an earlier date, if I wished. I have had major issues even finding an appointment available. A friend noted that perseverance would work. Keep trying and something will open. Patience -- not something I encounter very often these days <smile>. 

A song came to mind that matched the feeling of waiting for an appointment to appear. It isn't actually wasting time, but it seems that many other things are not being done, or done well, while I check a few times daily.  The song has a great relaxing feel to it, so perhaps that is what I should be doing more -- relax. I have an appointment; I'd just like an earlier one. Now that shows a position of privilege doesn't it? <sigh> Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay -- Otis Redding



No comments:

Post a Comment