Wednesday 9 June 2021

Day 8 - 160 -- Finding Calm

Software for the weekly meeting created a new glitch today. A couple of extra or repeated steps fixed the issue. An afternoon call with customer care left me shaking my head. The question I asked could not be answered by the assistant, despite their insisting that they had answered it. I remained calm and found a different way to ask the question to clarify the question and hence the answer. Each time I tried to speak, she would speak over me, insisting that she had answered it several times already. She hadn't. I still do not know how long from pickup at my home, as how many days,  the return to the warehouse and processing of the refund will take. Five days from when it arrives at the warehouse seemed to be what she said the third time around, but would add nothing to let me know average expected time from my house to the warehouse. So -- it is anyone's guess. <sigh> She did snap at me to tell me the call was being recorded -- not sure what that was about. I responded that I expected that. I did ask if there was anyone else I could speak to, but that was ignored. The experience today left me no wiser and a whole lot more frustrated with the situation. Other customer care people had been delightful and very understanding; this one not so much. Sadly, it is difficult to not have the negative experience colour the entire experience. <sigh> I have arranged with a friend to go to a different store in town and pick up a replacement since none of us could heft the thing on our own. 

Temperatures today were much cooler than the past two days, but with minimal breeze, so the outside air didn't enter the house easily. Now opening the windows to allow air inside to cool the house, which is far warmer than outside, it seems noisy outside from the house next door. Hopefully, this will not last long. This house holds heat for a couple of days. I'd love to get it cooler so we all sleep better. I need to feel less cranky. <sigh> 

While looking through social media, a memory from five years ago appeared with the set list from my cousins for a concert they attended. Just reading the that listing helped me to relax. Hearing bits of songs in my head brought calm. So, I decided to share one of those here today. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Copperline -- James Taylor


 


-- James Taylor -- copperline 

No comments:

Post a Comment