Tuesday 29 June 2021

Day 8 - 180 -- Just Breathe

 The outdoor temperature was cooler today, but the humidity remained very high. This made the house feel warmer than was comfortable, but it was really the sticky, dampness that was making things feel yucky. The difficulties with technology continued today. I headed to campus to print a couple of documents and the printer would not accept my key card. When I typed in the userid and password, the error message said it did not recognize either. <sigh>. I was able to login to the system for email and other programs, so it just seems to be the printer. Now, I generally head up there after 5 or 6 PM so I don't run into a lot of people. This also means that other offices where I could figure out why my access to the printer has been denied. The IT desk will be my first call in the morning. I probably need to present myself in person, but I'll start with the call. Either way, I do need to get the printing done so have to be there to do that anyway. 

Since there is a holiday on Thursday and most places will be closed Friday as well to make a four day weekend, I have several errands that need to be done around town before end of day tomorrow. I hope to get out and about before noon. Thunderstorm risk arrives mid-afternoon, so I would like to be home by then. I hate driving in a torrential downpour. 

Thinking of a soothing song that might help me relax and clearly plan the route for all small tasks tomorrow, one rose above all the others. I like the simple message -- one that fits my sense of frenetic-ness over such small things. Hope it helps you relax, too. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Let it Be -- The Beatles


 

No comments:

Post a Comment