Thursday 10 June 2021

Day 8 - 161 -- Cool Friends

<gasp> I woke this morning feeling chilly.<smile> Imagine -- after two days of extreme heat, the house finally cooled. During the day, a strong wind with stronger gusts blew the cool air into the house. This helped me to spend the afternoon cooking pasta sauce, red beans and rice.  I ate the latter two items for dinner tonight -- Yum. The rest of all items will reside in the deep freeze so I can have something healthy and tasty the next time the weather turns hellish. 

I enjoyed a weekly catch up chat with a friend. We have always had much to talk about and can talk for extended periods of time easily. We laugh a lot when chatting. Finding the absurdities in life can help release some of the tensions events and thoughts cause. We even have a friendly wager for a glass of wine. Hopefully, we will be able to see each other in person soon. Winter and then lockdown have made it a while since we've seen each other. 

A song came to mind while typing this blog. It made me smile and laugh, since it is so perfect. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Good Friends and a Glass of Wine -- LeAnn Rimes





No comments:

Post a Comment