Friday 4 June 2021

Day 8 - 155 -- 'Almost Summer' Flowers

The big event today was curbside pickup of a smaller grocery order. Everything on the order was available today. That is rare. One small issue involved providing five medium tomatoes on the vine instead of the three tomatoes I'd requested. This is the first time the number of items has not matched the order. I wrote details in the instruction box for this item. I have heard from friends who have had this occur regularly. I will be able to find something to do with the extra two tomatoes, so no worries. I worked on email and some efiles in the afternoon. 

Clouds were present most of the day, with some sunshine appearing just before sunset. The forecast states we will have some hot and humid days over the weekend and into next week. The dehumidifier runs often even now, but should be going full time over the next few days. The warmth and bits of rain led to major plant growth over the past week. It is amazing! I've see so many flowers in bloom wherever I've driven or walked this week. Today, I saw Rhododendrons -- little bushes of bright magenta. These make me smile. I first saw them as great outdoor plants in California many many moons ago. At home, we got azaleas as potted plants that didn't last too long. Neither of these plants grows outside on the prairies due to the harsh winters. I enjoy living with these and so many other plants and trees that grow here. 

The song today is a cover from one of the early Rogers & Hammerstein movies, Carousel. A friend mentioned this song when posting beautiful photos of the flowers in her garden today. It seemed to fit my views from around town. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

June is Bustin' Out All Over -- Bing Crosby






No comments:

Post a Comment