Saturday 12 June 2021

Day 8 - 163 -- Quirkiness

Another odd weather day -- lots of clouds, no rain and sunny breaks just before sunset but not clear skies after dark. I just seems weird to me. As for me? Just living the dream doing laundry, making list for outing to two stores tomorrow and trying not to just take a nap. <grin> 

Let me tell you of a very strange encounter I had last evening. I went for a short walk just to feel the cooler night air. As I rounded the corner onto a usually busy street, I heard music getting louder. I expected it was from a house, but it didn't seem to be. Then it just stopped and I heard voices from one of the back yards. Once I got to the end of the block, I turned around to return home when the music began again. The source? Something I've never seen -- two teenage girls one on a child's pink skateboard and the other on a bike decked out with bluetooth speakers. These two came from one of the driveways and were heading down the middle of the street. I just kept moving. They began singing along at the top of their lungs -- at least on key. Now -- this was happening just before midnight. I'm not sure where they are from as I've not encountered them anywhere. I could hear the music and voices all the way back at my place -- about half a block from them as the crow flies. They seemed not to be going anywhere -- just hanging in the middle of the street with no reflector tape or lights or anything. That reminded me of walking out of a small grocery store in New Orleans and seeing a man dressed as a wizard riding a bicycle complete with twinkle lights. We stopped, stared,and shook our head. We looked for him over our next week -- apparently he was a local -- but we never saw him again. There are others I could regale you with, but I'll leave those for another day. I guess these encounters indicate that we just need to be ready for anything -- especially the quirkiness of the world around us as people enjoy being themselves. 

The main chorus line from an earlier funk song ran through my mind when thinking of such encounters. It seems to summarize the thoughts nicely. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) -- Sly and the Family Stone



  


No comments:

Post a Comment