Wednesday 16 June 2021

Day 8 - 167 -- Mystery and Memories

It rained overnight and into the day. We do need the moisture having been in a extreme fire risk with a ban on open fires and fireworks and such. The temperature was pleasant when I went out to pick up two items from the grocery store. As with yesterday, I found another wonderful local-ish product -- asparagus. These will be part of dinner tonight along with the strawberries from yesterday -- just not mixed together <smile>.  I occupied myself this afternoon with responding to emails and messages, following up with an online order, and other online activities. One mystery was solved with a phone call. When checking the information for one of my club member cards, I noticed that it stated that the card had been used at a gas station (that isn't anywhere close to here) at the end of May. Now we were in lockdown, so I wasn't traveling outside of town at all. Turns out, the annual summary had taken the information for somewhere I was in the past year and just added it to the recent activity. It took a while, but the customer service rep dug into it to find the answer. We had a good laugh knowing that the software program appeared to be as confused as the rest of us at present. <smile>. 

Another online activity involved making a memorial donation to a professional foundation. A colleague from 25 years ago or so, passed away yesterday. We served on the executive of a professional organization and often met in her rec room. She had a wonderful outlook on life and I recall smiling and laughing with her a lot. She had been dean of the college where I got my bachelors degree -- some time after I graduated. She was retired when we were on the executive together. I will miss knowing that force of nature and 'tell it like it is' approach were active in this world. At some future date there will be a celebration of life. Her daughter noted that anyone who knew her would not be surprised that she had planned every detail herself. <smile>  

I thought of a song that I think my colleague would accept -- nothing maudlin and a bit tongue in cheek with the title. It was the late '90s when we worked together just before I moved down east. So -- this song will do. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

When We was Fab -- George Harrison


 


No comments:

Post a Comment