Saturday 26 June 2021

Day 8 - 177 -- Road Worthy

It has been an interesting week -- and I use that word in the way of the old Chinese curse -"May you live in interesting times." By the end of the week, I had removed the studded winter tires and had the summer radials mounted. This is the latest ever for this action to occur. It is usually done in April, but due to lockdown, many of us are just getting to this now.  

Bit by bit, I have accessed stories of truth from residential school survivors. I've chosen to follow a few key individuals who share truths of themselves and others in a way that helps me understand better. 

Helping someone to access an earlier second dose helped me smile. I simply connected two people, but it was good to be part of this. 

I got out to three stores yesterday for in person visits. Luckily, they are all in a row, so it was easy to do. Two items had been missing from the curbside pickup due to none available in the store. Leaf lettuce and grapes. I added those to the single item I needed from another grocery store. Each of the next two stores had only one item to purchase and it was a discount day at the one with the pet food <smile>. 

I will need to go for a drive over the coming couple of days before going to have wheels retorqued. I'm not sure where to go, since I haven't been anywhere outside of town since early November. This should bring smiles just to get out into the county for a short tour around. 

I chose a song about a car since tire change was done and driving outside of town lies ahead. This song has a fun tempo to go with the lyrics. I share an acoustic version which focuses on the singer. Stay safe. Enjoy!  

MGB-GT -- Peter Tork w/ James Lee Stanley


  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment