Saturday 19 June 2021

Day 8 - 169 -- Decisions

The week ended with a sunny day and warmer temperatures. Luckily, it got cooler overnight -- great for sleeping. My day was spent online trying to find an earlier booking for the second vaccine dose and reading documents that require my approval.  Finding an open date, time and place isn't easy. Booking the first dose went so smoothly. The second dose was booked automatically the requisite 105 days later. Now, second doses can be booked earlier. I suspect this has something to do with supply increases. As I scrolled by locations that were fully booked, I recalled that this province opens appointment times only after knowing the quantity of vaccines that will be available. This means that appointments run out 1 to 2 weeks only. While seeing the notice that most locations were fully booked feels disappointing, in the larger picture this means that people are choosing to be vaccinated. A good thing. <smile> In the other project, I edited files to send out for input. I also had to read and approve two longer complicated files. Tedious, but things are off my desk for now. 

Why are decisions so difficult to make? I hate to go on my first impression. I need time to think through things before agreeing -- an introvert mind at work. For important decisions, there are so many 'what ifs' to consider. I'd prefer this to the "woulda,, coulda, shoulda' syndrome of a hasty decision that can't be readily undone. I find such situations emotionally exhausting. I dislike haggling through negotiations like when purchasing a vehicle. I never feel that I have gotten the best of a deal <smile>. 

Today I share a song about choices and decisions. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Any Road -- George Harrison





No comments:

Post a Comment