Friday 3 September 2021

Day 8 - 245 -- Unexpected Event

On this Friday before a long weekend, I did errands early but the grocery store was still very busy. As I pulled into the town parking lot to head to the pharmacy, someone backed into me -- not going fast, so denting is not noticeable but scratches run from the driver door to the rear fender. <sigh> My insurance agent had things under control and sent info off to the insurer. I haven't heard from them by end of day. That means I will need to contact them on Tuesday. <sigh> So -- the claim has begun and repair will happen whenever it can be done as damage does not affect drive-ability. 

When the accident occurred there was a flurry of emotions tumbling over each other -- anger, sadness, irritation, disbelief, a tad of fear and something akin to nausea. I didn't cry until I was walking down the driveway to the house. A cry in the house seemed to help relax some of the tension. I still see this as a new car since it was purchased about 20 months ago. Within 3 months of purchase we were in our first lockdown. I have done two out of town trips only -- one last October to visit a colleague and one in July for the second vaccine dose. The odometer reads about 2400 km. Added stress and anxiety was not needed, but I'm working at it. Feeling out of control and 'attacked' while inside a piece of home doesn't work well. I will practice my breathing, have a cup of tea and sit with my furry friend for a bit. That should bring things down a few notches. 

This whole episode reminded me of a song a friend and I had discussed recently. That did make me laugh -- a good thins any day, but a great thing today. The video is older here, but the audio sounds great. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I'm in Love with My Car -- Queen 




No comments:

Post a Comment