Sunday 26 September 2021

Day 8 - 263 -- Hunting

While getting dressed this morning, I dropped one of my rings. It hit my foot and bounced twice on the floor. Under the dresser seemed the most logical place for it to be. I got a flashlight and began to search. Nothing. I got a dust mop and carefully moved things around to dust around and behind. Nothing. I looked in areas it could not possibly be. Nothing. I finally had to just leave. At the grocery store, I felt not fully dressed given the empty finger. The grocery trip was a major purchase event -- lots of staples and some fresh dairy and produce. It was the first indoor shopping that I'd done for some time.  

I'll admit to having tears when I couldn't find the ring today. It has to be in the room somewhere, but where it has chosen to hide may take some time to determine. Tears are interesting. They appear for many reasons such as a reflex response to cold, wind, rain, nasal pain (like a pcr swab test <smile>) or an emotional stimulus such as being happy, sad or scared. Chemical composition of tears even differs by what type of tears are falling. That is just so cool. Most tearful episodes provide a degree of catharsis that can help us to relax after major stressful (positive or negative) incidents. 

As I thought through how I wanted to control things and just look and find the ring, a song line popped into my head. It did make me smile. <smile> This one has a shuffle beat -- kinda cool and different for this band. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

UPDATE: The ring was found the next day when I looked in a place I swear I looked on the day it fell. There it was -- siting on edge behind the rear dresser leg up a bit from the floor. How it got there in that position remains a mystery. So, now I feel less lost when I go our with an empty finger. <smile> 

Everybody Wants to Rule the World -- Tears for Fears







No comments:

Post a Comment