Friday 24 September 2021

Day 8 - 260 -- Some Down Time

The day involved a lot of down time. After some time on the porch looking at the yard, a movie filled part of the afternoon. Then a walk around the neighbourhood gave time to soak up some sun and enjoy the greenery at the summer peak. The day felt lovely and warm with a slight breeze that helped cool the skin when there were no trees for shade in parts of the area. Again, it was great to be out in nature and to see neighbours out in their yards. 

After a yummy supper, a search found a movie that I hadn't seen for several years. I love the music and dance sequences. The movie is filled with many well known actors whose work was fantastic. Each time I see this, I am struck by two particular dance bits. One shows two dancers doing the same steps, but in different styles due to their training and backgrounds. The other is so filled with emotion -- anger, frustration, and maybe a bit of oppression or pain. Each of these stay with me for some time after each viewing. I couldn't choose one over the other, so I share both of these today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Prove me Wrong --  David Pack (Mikhail Baryshnikov & Gregory Hines from White Nights)


Koni Priveredlevye (Fastidious Horses [sometimes seen as simply The Horses]) -- Vladimer Vysotsky (Mikhail Baryshnikov from White Nights) 




No comments:

Post a Comment