Thursday 9 September 2021

Day 8 - 251 -- Peering into Darkness

The weather turned humid and grey today as the outer bands of hurricane Larry brushed by today. There was some rain this afternoon that will continue into tomorrow. Newfoundland will get the worst of this one as it is poised to make landfall on the Avalon Peninsula.  A 3-month process to revise the will ended as we signed it today. There were a couple tricky parts, but it all came out well. A couple of further documents remain to be finalized, which should happen in the coming month or so. It just felt like time to be an adult and get things like this done. <smile> 

I woke at 5 AM today with a loud shouting man out back. It wasn't clear if he was in my back yard or on the other side of the fence in the graveyard. It was too dark to tell. There seemed to be a second quieter voice, but only this fellow was yelling in an unintelligible way, so I don't know what was at issue. I managed to fall back to sleep, but had weird dreams about people and police in my front and back yards -- so not overly restful. Later this morning while making breakfast and looking out the kitchen window, there seemed to be something on the ground out by the fence. A walk out showed me that there was a pair of gold sneakers, a blue and red ball cap and a matching blue and red jacket. All were clean and new-ish looking. I'm not sure where they came from, but it is likely related to the episode with the loud dude. I moved them to a different area outside my yard but still clearly visible to anyone who might come hunting for them during the daylight hours. 

The song shared today came to mind as I thought about me peering into the darkness in the early morning. It made me smile as what little I could make out in the black of night could be just as sensible as what the lyrics present <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

 Looking Out my Back Door -- Creedence Clearwater Revivial



 

No comments:

Post a Comment