Saturday 11 September 2021

Day 8 - 252 -- Busy All Around

My day was filled with many things.The first outing was to vote. In the first 2 hours they had 100+ people. It seemed steady with only one or two people in line for the single voting booth. Most people I know have been voting in the advance poll for the last few elections. It is great to see this civic engagement and for me, great to miss the larger polling venue on election day. I had to make a quick trip to the store when I discovered that there was no shampoo in the cupboard. Later I visited a friend to use their printer and scanner. I do need to get one of my own soon. I planned to do this in the spring of 2020, but life had other plans. I wanted to do some online searching and then go to speak to someone at a store to discuss the various features between similar machines. Maybe I will get in to do this in the near future. <smile> In the early evening, a major task took a bit longer to do than I'd hoped and it left me feeling fatigued, but it is done and that is great. 

I went for a short walk in the cooler evening air to mail a letter. Lots of student activity in the houses throughout the neighbourhood. It is the end of the first week of classes. Most were smaller gatherings with mild noise as you passed by, but there were a couple that were out of the comfort range <sigh>. It is their way of dealing with all the pent up emotions of the week. Looks like a night for ear plugs. 

Trying to find something to make me smile about the noise factor brought a song to mind. I imagine the lyrics could match the ideas the partying crews had in mind tonight. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I Gotta Feeling -- Black Eyed Peas 



No comments:

Post a Comment