Sunday 26 September 2021

Day 8 - 268 -- Need to Take Control

On this rainy day, I finished the pile of laundry from the past two weeks, along with a couple other household chores. I also worked to catch up the writing for the blog after I took some time away from computer connections. So, with this post, I am officially back on track. I have a couple of tasks that have deadlines next week -- a peer review and a guest lecture. I have found the requisite materials for each and will work more diligently with those over the next few days. I also will need to check in on my e-mail after finding a way to block the multitude of messages from an online course that I was registered in for some reason. When I returned from my break, there were almost 2300 messages waiting for me! I had to delete them in chunks and blocked all new ones from landing in my inbox. I just have to empty the Junk folder daily to banish the things to some e-mail purgatory. It is a legit course, but I don't recall registering. Any MOOC I have done in the past had all communications done through a virtual MOOC platform. This one has everyone e-mailing each other and there are thousands in this global course. Any attempt to unsub from the course has been met with difficulty as my username and password -- as noted in the welcome email -- are not recognized. <sigh> I hope to attack it with renewed vigor this week, since this is now week 1 of 9 or more and I can't deal with all that landing in my email account. Weird. Technology can be our friend, but it can become uncontrollable -- well it appears to be in control of me rather than the other way around. <smile>

The need to take back control of online accounts brought a song to mind. The chorus says it all. <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

People Have the Power -- Patti Smith 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment