Wednesday 22 September 2021

Day 8 - 256 -- A Calm Place

Took a drive out of town today. I spent some time listening to the relaxing nature of waves and enjoying the ocean view. I live right by the ocean, but rarely get out to learn more about it all. The rhythmic nature of the waves and tides moving in and out must be buried deep inside each of us as a distant memory or something. The soothing aspects of watching and hearing waves has a major impact on stress reduction. A friend noted that it soothed the soul as well as the mind. I would agree. 

The opening lines of a song came to mind as I sat and watched the water move. Much of the remaining lyric is sad and not what I'd like, but the melody and tempo are restful if you don't listen to the words in the middle part <smile>. It was quite relaxing and no lonely or sad feelings passed through my head at all. 

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay -- Otis Redding




No comments:

Post a Comment