Monday 4 May 2015

Day 2 - 124 -- Purples, Blues and Creams

This was the warmest day we've had since Christmas Day 2014. It rose to almost 20C. There is still snow in the yard, but with another day or two like this -- warm with full sun -- I expect most of it will be gone. <smile> On the weekend, there were 4 snowdrops peeking through the front lawn. Yesterday there were a few periwinkles and budding crocuses. Today, four crocuses opened -- two creamy white and two purple with white stripes. There are more popping up to bloom soon. I stopped at a friend's home after work and the front yard there is ablaze with yellow and dark purple blooms. The house up the street from me also has dark blue lining the walkway today. Gorgeous!

I so look forward to seeing these signs of spring. They are naturalized through the front lawn and promise that things will get greener. They were up and waiting under the snow pack that melted off that part of the yard two days ago. Blues and creams would be my choice for landscaping, so I am very pleased to live in this yard where someone before me felt the same. In my yard the next to show will be tulips --still a few weeks away, though they are about 6 inches tall today. These are 'black' tulips -- a beautiful deep, deep purple. This is the beginning. Can the magnolias and rhodies be far behind? <smile>

The relaxed feeling these flowers bring calls for a relaxing song. The thought of these blooms and those yet to come brought to mind a line from a sixties song. Enjoy!

San Francisco -- Scott McKenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment