Wednesday 27 May 2015

Day 2 - 147 -- Finding New Rhythms

Another day with full on sun and temperatures in the area of 33C (90 F). Somewhat stifling, but it wasn't too humid to breathe. I went on an outing to the drug store today to pick up some items to help me do regular things with one hand. Got some new hair clips  to replace my usual elastics and some flossers to help with oral care. I would have liked to do a couple other things, but was a bit fatigued with the shopping process.

Feeling a bit short of breath while being physically active was surprising. I've been moving a lot around the house and was in good shape before all this started. It will get better with time. I just need to be more patient -- not my strong suit <smile>.  I have been practising deep breathing to improve lung capacity after surgery and being less mobile for a couple of weeks. Building in a nap time would be good daily -- I feel better on days I have a sleep in the afternoon -- like today. Trying to find that new rhythm for this ever-changing process is my daily challenge.  Things are moving in the right direction, so I just need to pay attention to inner cues a bit more to make the process smoother.

Today's selection, a less known song by this band, speaks to changes and improvements, which seemed to fit my day's thoughts well. It will be a summer of change. Enjoy!

Someday Soon -- Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment