Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day 2-132 -- Future Questions

Among the many small tasks today were three meetings. Two of these were with our work pension provider. The first was to describe the new 'improved' plan and the second was for those thinking of retirement in the next 10 years. Judging by the people in the room, I think many were planning for an earlier departure. I'm not sure either of these meetings answered many of my questions, but I do know they left me with new questions.

So many things to answer. What do I want to do when not working? This will have an impact on how prepared I need to be. How does one decide what the key activities will include? I'm sure a crystal ball might help <smile>. What do I want? What are my dreams? How does one narrow that list? Remember, I'm the one with the undoable 'to do' list <smile>.

The seminars were not deflating, but they did leave me with a sense of urgency. A lyric from a long ago song came to mind. It was a song on an album that I nearly wore out <smile>. I love the upbeat nature of the music and lyrics -- but they took on a whole new meaning for me today.  Enjoy!

Don't Stop -- Fleetwood Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment