Tuesday 26 May 2015

Day 2 - 146 -- A Day of Ups mixed with a few downs

It was an interesting day in terms of weather. It began grey and cloudy, moved along to sprinkles, then poured, then semi-sunshine followed by big wind. A bit of everything there -- very much like my moods today -- they went in all directions. It was better than yesterday, but there is still a long way to travel on this journey. Many friends and family sent small notes that helped me smile and move forward. I tried a new one-handed thing today -- dry mopping the floors. It seemed to work reasonably well. Slow, but it helped gather up the fur from the spring shed and all the little gritty things that stuck to my feet when I walked around. Temps and humidity made slippers and socks a definite 'no go' today.

Again, the day was saved by encouraging words of others. I'm not sure we are ever fully aware of the impact of our words on others -- good and not so good. I also was reminded of past challenges that brought unexpected outcomes. A quote came through my news feed today that helped me to recall this fact -- "All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware." (Martin Berber). I guess the goal is to lift one's head and keep an eye on your goals. All other endpoints will present themselves along the road, though some we may never recognize.

I have two selections for today. A dear friend shared the first with me. It made me smile and realize that I need to be aware of surroundings to avoid letting the demons get the best of me <smile>. The second rattled around in my head, noting that each day will have both challenges and triumphs. I enjoy the singers of both songs and hope these speak to you in some way today, too. Enjoy!

Tomorrow's gonna be another day -- The Monkees





Everyday is a winding road -- Sheryl Crow


No comments:

Post a Comment