Monday 25 May 2015

Day 2 - 145 -- Time moving slowly

Well, working in acute health care facilities led me to expect day three after a major trauma would be the worst. It wasn't a stellar day for me.Greetings, well wishes and help from friends were amazing at taking my mind off the overwhelming weariness and the mounting pain through the day. I got my hair washed, which helped so much in feeling human and 'clean'. I went on a grocery trip with a friend -- afraid to go on my own with taxis at this early stage. That outing added some normalcy to my feeling of isolation. The temperature outside rose dramatically today making the inside temps rise into less comfortable ranges. Wearing a cast, bandage wrap and sling add to the feeling of being too warm -- just one more discomfort to bear.

Not feeling very strong today magnified all the negatives. I know it has just been 3 days since a big surgery and 9 days since the fall, but each day seems like a week. I want to see the purple and blue turn ugly yellow and green -- just so I can 'see' a change. Another 7 days before removal of cast and stitches. I'm not sure I want to see what is under the wrapping -- feeling wussy about that right now. I know there will be bad days and good days along this journey -- even good and bad times in a single day. The darker moments indeed are inky black -- hopefully these will become greyer as things move forward.

So -- not an upbeat song to share today. Rather this one holds many lines that fit my fouler mood -- and a great voice to sing these lyrics. Enjoy!

Physical Pain -- Joan Armatrading


No comments:

Post a Comment