Friday 29 May 2015

Day 2 - 149 -- Small but Mighty

It has been a quiet Friday. Lots of time spent doing work and volunteer e-mail. and the rest of the day doing the basic activities of daily living. All things take longer to do and require more energy. I worked my best to listen to the cues and go with the flow.  The weather cooled today and is to be much cooler overnight. This will help to make the weekend more pleasant to be indoors.

I know I've mentioned that dreaded 'to do' list before -- a tool that is meant to help me get needed things completed on time, yet it often becomes a source of distress. There are responsibilities that we all have committed to -- for paid or volunteer work, friends and family. There are times when further requests will appear and push their way to the top of the day's list. Managing these things can be challenging. The plan for my 'to do' lists is to put things on the list so I don't have to worry that I'll forget some deadline. It wasn't meant to represent the most important activities in life. For example, yesterday I noted the gorgeous midnight purple tulips at the side of the house -- seven perfect blooms this year. I commented on the fantastic cream coloured magnolias outside town hall -- those huge impossible looking blooms on an otherwise bare tree. Today I sat in the living room with the front screen door open and enjoyed the cool breeze while listening to the birds in the yard -- so peaceful. I fear there are many days when I miss some of the 'small' things that add to the quality of life.

One song came to mind that encompassed the day's musings. Enjoy!

My List -- Toby Keith


No comments:

Post a Comment