Sunday 17 May 2015

Day 2 -136 -- An unexpected turn of events

This post will be short -- typing one handed is slow and way too challenging for my brain -- need some sleep <smile>. Earlier today while heading down to change laundry loads, I slipped and slid down the last 4 steps -- on my left side. The first thing I said was "I broke something."  A neighbour drove me to the ER -- it was a long wait today due to several ambulance arrivals. Once in to see the MD things moved more quickly and I was headed back home wthin an hour..The x-ray showed a clear break of the elbow -- I.'d thought it might be an ulnar break at the elbow -- so was close <smile>. I have a fiberglass splint and will see the orthopedist early in the week, Usual treatment is to let it set in place with a splint or cast -- so until next week that is TBD.

I know I say each new pain is the worst pain ever -- this is particularly nasty. I expect it to be so for a couple weeks  -- though I'd gladly cop to being wrong on this one <grin>.  So-- working weekend -- a long weekend in Canada -- will become one of reading for work and pleasure, looking at a hobby and maybe a movie or two. Poor me <smile>.

The song today says a lot of what has gone through my mind since this afternoon.  It isn't the one that ran through my head, but in this muddled state I can't quite recall that title and singer. However, this song works perfectly. Enjoy!

Pain -- Elton John


No comments:

Post a Comment