Saturday 30 May 2015

Day 2 - 150 -- Solo Flight

Today was interesting.  I tried a new household chore and successfully completed a change of bedding with one arm.  Sounds small, but while  it took a goodly long time to do, it felt like a major life hurdle was breached. <smile>  I slept a lot today and the pain ramped up while sleeping. Thus when I woke there was a lot of grumpiness. Eating and taking the meds seemed to even things out well.

Feeling perky once again, I got dressed and headed out for my first solo walk-about. There was some anxiousness, as I headed out to get milk and a couple small grocery items from the drug store a couple blocks from the house. I  needn't have worried. Halfway to my destination I stopped to say hello to a friend. As we were talking two others arrived and once I entered the parking lot I encountered two more acquaintances. This is one of the joys of a small town -- one is rarely ever 'solo'. <smile>  This reminded me of all the friends and family who live some distance away, yet I know they are sending healing thoughts across the miles -- so, again, not solo. Thinking of those close and far while putting good thoughts into the universe for all concerned, should help me to deal with grumpiness and fear that come with any disruption to the daily routine of life.

The selection for today is a Disney song that reminds me of the fact that one is never truly alone when one has friends. I chose a version by an artist with just the right voice for this song. It could almost be a lullaby at the end of this day of more firsts <smile>. Enjoy!

Somewhere out There -- Micky Dolenz


No comments:

Post a Comment