Monday 11 May 2015

Day 2-131 -- Seeing Monday in a Different Light

A colleague asked me how I was this morning and I responded that it was Monday and the sun was shining, so I was doing OK.  Monday can be a difficult day when we focus on the end of the weekend, but it is also the beginning of a new week filled with possibility. I worked through a couple of new tasks today. Even though they took a bit longer than expected, each was  completed in a way that made me feel I'd accomplished something worthwhile. Best of all, neither was on the 'to do' list for what I'd planned to do today <smile>. When complaining about never getting to items on the 'to do' list, another colleague suggested that maybe I should stop making the list. That may be a bit extreme since the list helps me to remember things that need to be done by certain deadlines, but maybe relying less on such a tool could reduce the anxiety that accompanies non-completion of the dreaded list.

So, today felt like a new start rather than a continuation of tedium. It would be great to be able to hold onto that feeling. This brought song lyrics to mind -- lyrics that encompass the concept of starting over. The singer is iconic, though the video is a bit over the top <smile>. Enjoy!

Brand New Day -- Sting


No comments:

Post a Comment