Tuesday 7 November 2017

Day 4 - 311 -- Mundane Day

Another day of feeling jet-lagged, but without the travel. Time change and weather changes can play tricks on the brain. Classes and some paperwork were completed today, but there is so much more to do. I asked a co-worker if we were having fun yet and received the reply that it was just another day. <smile>. The day was far cooler than yesterday. Temperatures dropped over 10C overnight. Even with sunlight, the north wind made me wish I had an ear-band with me. Even my lightweight gloves seemed inadequate. It is fall weather for certain.

The mundane nature of the day was disrupted when we went out for dinner to celebrate the birthday of a friend's mother. It was a pleasant evening of conversation and food, trying some new items off the menu with great success. I walked out to the restaurant and found the brisk walk in cooler air cleared my head a bit -- though it felt quite vacant a few times during the day. The walks did help to get rid of some of the frustrations of the day.

This morning the song for the day came to mind when my colleague noted how she felt about the day. This is a song from the solo career of an iconic '60s singer/songwriter/bassist. Enjoy!

Another Day -- Paul McCartney


No comments:

Post a Comment