Saturday 18 November 2017

Day 4 - 322 -- Startling View

The morning brought a wee startle. When I got to the kitchen to make breakfast, the roof out the window was a new colour. The 's' word had arrived overnight and there were still bits in the air. With the temperature close to the freezing point, it wasn't expected to last long. Only the roofs and stairs were coated in the new shade -- well, and the car windshield. By supper most of this had disappeared. The forecast notes there will be rain and frozen stuff in bits over the next week or so. I am not at all ready for this seasonal change.

I know friends and family out west have dealt with wintry precipitation for some time now. Just west and north of here, there have been some major accumulations over the past week. I have not been a fan of the winter season. I can deal with colder temperatures, but frozen precipitation creates barriers to travel, even just walking out to get milk. Yes, it can be pretty but I often feel confined during these months. I do try to find up sides to it all, but that depends on the day and meteorological events.

A song that came to mind has a dreamy sound to it. I liked that aspect as I was hoping that it might be just a dream today <smile>.  I do take issue with the sentiment expressed at the end of the lyrics -- it is not one that I support <grin>. Enjoy!

Nights in White Satin -- Moody Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment