Tuesday 28 November 2017

Day 4 - 332 -- Confusing Weather

Weather can appear as a wild beast, especially the harsher meteorological events. Today involved a more cunning creature -- one that seemed calm and complacent wanting to be your friend. I wore my runners, heavier gloves and fleece liner. There was little breeze, so it seemed manageable. Up on the hill in the parking lot, there was a bit more air movement and it felt almost biting. The ground in the front yard had been covered with white, but was easy to walk through. The stairs had a thicker covering, but walking slowly with purpose made that part of the journey to the car go well. I'd forgotten the pavement in the parking lot at work -- it had parts that appeared to be fluid but were instead shiny solid slippery spaces. Again, purposeful walking got me to the office. The sidewalk had been salted to stop slip and falls, but this week, no salt had been spread in the parking lot. Odd. Tomorrow is expected to be warmer -- almost 15C warmer since today was over 10C colder -- the high temperature -- than it was on the weekend. Rain is forecast for the end of the week, so the stuff on the ground will be gone by then, since it was about 2.5 cm (1 inch) deep in my yard.

When feeling that winter has begun to toy with us, a song lyric seemed to fit my thoughts. The song is a departure from the usual fair on the blog. The singer is an indie rock guitarist/songwriter with an electronic musician backing. It is intriguing and fits my 'I'm not sure how I feel about this weather' confusion of the day. Enjoy!

Snow Lion -- Readymade FC ft. Feist



No comments:

Post a Comment