Friday 10 November 2017

day 4 - 313 -- Dropping Temperatures

The weather over the last week has changed often. We have moved from a pattern of more warm than cooler days into one that has more cold days with an occasional warmer day. As I say often during the shoulder seasons, it is all about transition. I have worn my gloves all but 1 day in the past week and the past couple of days I considered wearing two sets of gloves for added warmth. The temperature is to rise overnight tonight and leave us with temperatures in the teens by mid-morning followed by a temperature drop of over 10 degrees Celcius by mid afternoon. Rain and wind will accompany the cooler air. I feel like I should pull out the parka, but it isn't really that cold yet. It is time for heavier gloves and thicker fleece liners to the rain jacket.

While I'd rather not be moving into the colder air masses, I will deal with it as best I can. I thought of being somewhere warmer and a line from a song (actually, more than one song uses the line) about weather suiting one's clothes. I do dislike the time it takes to get the layers on and off in colder weather. <smile>  The song I chose today has a great southern blues sound from a classic artist of the genre. Enjoy!

Cold Weather Blues -- Muddy Waters



No comments:

Post a Comment