Sunday 19 November 2017

Day 4 - 323 -- Weather Fluctuations

Another unexpected weather day arrived today. Rain continued in the form of drizzle mostly, though some short burst of louder rain on the side of the house did occur. Yesterday the high was just above freezing. Today, when I walked out for milk and eggs around noon, the temperature was 10C (about 40F) and at supper it was 15C (almost 50F). Tomorrow is should be in the about 4-5C (mid-30sF). The forecasters tell us that this up and down will continue in the next week. I'm not complaining but it is a bit odd with such wild fluctuations -- each accompanied by major wind with shifting directions.

The weather trend seems to be made to keep us all on our toes and never knowing what clothes to wear tomorrow. I prefer making this choice before heading off to bed so that I can just get up and get dressed. Not being a morning person, this addresses my inability to make decisions right after rising. It seems as if Mother Nature is having a breakdown, though I've always said this is what we should expect during the transition season.

A song line ran through my head that made me smile. It is the opening line from a great song by a wonderful band from the prairies. The version chosen highlights the keyboardist's skills. He is also the lead singer. Enjoy!

Undun -- The Guess Who


No comments:

Post a Comment