Thursday 16 November 2017

Day 4 - 320 -- Carrying Worries

There was sunshine, several smiles and a few giggles. Part of the pile on my desk was dealt with and moved on to the filing area. Getting items crossed off the 'to do' lists from earlier in the week brought some degree of satisfaction. While there are way too many tasks left on the list, seeing some be completed helped provide a speck of hope.

The extreme fatigue is common. People I met with today noted they felt overwhelmed and tired. With two weeks to the end of term (7 lecture periods for each of the two courses <YIKES>), the work is never ending -- self-replicating is my hypothesis, though not sure how one would test that. I find myself emitting long loud sighs regularly through the day -- trying to get oxygen to the brain perhaps. Finding a place to rest for a while or to drop some of the worry being carried around would be great. After thinking of these ideas a few times through the day, I realized there was a song lyric in it all. I'm never sure which hits the brain first -- the lyrics or my reflections. The song shared today has opening lines that sound similar to statements made in the past few days. The song was one of the high points of a group with a melded sound of folk, rock, country, motown and much more. Enjoy!

The Weight -- The Band



No comments:

Post a Comment