Thursday 23 November 2017

Day 4 - 327 -- Look Up

The day began with a trip to the store to return something that hadn't rung through at the sale price. A less than pleasant way to begin the day. As I drove to the office, I saw an eagle soaring on the wind. Luckily, there was no traffic on the road at that moment, so I could slow down and look up rather than ahead. I noticed almost immediately a feeling of calm and that I was breathing. By the time I had to turn, I was feeling in a much better place to start my day. At the end of the day, I looked up as I walked across the parking lot. What an amazing sliver of a moon!

It seemed to me that the universe was telling me to look up today -- take a moment to see what is around me rather than focus on what is swirling inside of me. It seems so easy to get caught up in my own little world where everything becomes 'all about me.' This happens particularly when the world seems overly demanding and I feel rather overwhelmed. Such situations lead to less restful sleep, which in turn leads to reduced filters when speaking, minimal patience, and general overall crankiness. In short, I may not be a nice person to be around. <smile>  The need to recentre can be missed until it is too late. Today, simply by looking up, I found two situations that made me smile and feel calm -- and dare I say it -- peaceful. Note to self -- remember to look around.

A number of song lyrics came to mind today. I settled on one that presented the feelings of peace and calm well. The singer was well known for singing about nature and calmness. I love his voice still. Enjoy!

On the Wings of an Eagle -- John Denver


No comments:

Post a Comment