Wednesday 22 November 2017

Day 4 - 325 -- Teen Idol Departs

Yesterday left me feeling very tired. It wasn't an unusual day, but several major events occurred at work that took my brain to places that required decisions and clear thought -- a challenge when I start the days tired <smile>. Luckily, I had purchased some foods from the annual food market from the foodservice course. These became my supper once I got home. Very yummy perogy pizza and a tasty vegan slider on a whole wheat roll made in lab. That and a big salad made supper quick. The plan was to work on two projects that needed to be done today. Well -- I feel asleep after supper and missed my work window. That also meant the blog was not completed.

The news for yesterday involved the death of David Cassidy, one of many teen idols from the '60s who parlayed his fame into a solo career. The world was introduced to him as part of the Partridge Family television series. He was the lead singer of the family band, led by a single mother and a male manager. They traveled in a flower power painted school bus. <smile>  I didn't follow his adult career closely, but did hear of his music and acting work. Sadness for the early death and health difficulties he'd encountered is at the centre of this loss.

The song for today is one by Cassidy that seemed to fit the day. Enjoy!

I'll have to go away (saying goodbye) -- David Cassidy


No comments:

Post a Comment