Friday 11 January 2019

Day 6 - 10 -- Friends and Work

Meetings headlined my day. I met with two students -- one about their research project and another for student society business. It is fun to converse with the students -- something I do miss when no longer teachings. The other two were with colleagues -- one about a research project that I am so excited about and the other about professional undertakings. While a full day, it brought much satisfaction and enjoyment.

I've been lucky in all my work settings to have co-workers who become lifelong friends. The two meetings with colleagues were with people I am happy to call friends. These aren't just superficial friends in the work setting, but are personal friendships beyond work -- we can chatter on about many things and often do <smile>. Many other friends that I met on the job live across the country and we are in contact often. Each time we can pick up an chat about anything and nothing just like we'd seen each other just yesterday. Friendship of any sort is a gift, but those closer friendships are extra-special gifts.

A song for today discusses friendship that will stand by you whatever may occur in life. Such support is wonderful. The singer hasn't been featured on the blog for over a week <smile> but this song seemed the best choice for today. Enjoy!

A Friend for Life -- Rod Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment