Tuesday 15 January 2019

Day 6 - 15 -- Getting Further Afield

Today I got groceries - just a few items needed. It has been nine days since I've driven anywhere. The roads were dry and the large parking areas were, too. At the eye doctor, where I picked up new contacts, the lot was thick ice. They had spread gravel on it, but many of the stones were the size of my fist -- doesn't give a lot of traction <smile>. The sun shone but the clouds were dark and moving swiftly on the east wind. The forecast notes a few flurries late evening and then nothing until the weekend when something frozen will fall with a pile of rain. Can you say more ice? <sigh>

Driving felt nice today. Living in a small town, most places are accessible by walking and I live in the downtown core area close to much. Getting groceries can challenge a walker -- things can weigh a lot making the return trip tiring. Taxis use a flat fee in town, so it makes budgeting easier. The stores are at the edges of town, so walking distance is further. One is in town so has sidewalks and the other is just into the county so is by a major highway with no walkways. At home, I worked on e-mail and reading items for the research meetings and writing this week. I didn't get as far with that as Ii'd hoped. The first listening list is up for my class, so that will fill relaxing moments between tasks.

While driving I heard a song run through my head. It made me smile. It was the songwriter and original recording that I heard, but I chose to go with a different singer doing a decent cover. The tempo is a bit faster than the original, but the sound pays tribute to that original guitar sound. Enjoy!

Riding along in my Automobile (No Particular Place to Go) -- George Thorogood and the Destroyers


No comments:

Post a Comment