Sunday 27 January 2019

Day 6 - 27 -- Legacy Wish

Blue sky and some clouds filled the sky today. I gazed at it while working in the kitchen. Grayer days are expected for most of the coming week.  I managed to get part of the laundry done along with some personal correspondence today. A couple of larger fun projects still sit on the 'to do' list, so they await another day. 

In the current custom, another musical was broadcast live on television. This time it was RENT. I love this story and music. I first saw this at the Royal Alexandra theatre in Toronto. It was amazing. The woman next to me was 80ish and had received a ticket from her grandson for Christmas. She loved it, too. This was the night that that 1998 ice storm began in Toronto. I stayed at an airport hotel for a meeting the next day, so was able to fly out as planned that next evening. Several of those from Ottawa and Montreal were storm-stayed -- no flights, trains or road travel available in that directing and later in Toronto, too. Watching the production tonight, the cutting of electricity to the apartment building reminded me of what was just beginning when I flew out. That storm created long lasting effects with power being out in cities for days. 

I've chosen a song from that musical to share here. I love the plaintive but determined nature of the lyrics and music. We all want to leave something of lasting value behind, I guess. Enjoy! 

One Song Glory -- Adam Pascal (from RENT - movie version)


No comments:

Post a Comment