Sunday 6 January 2019

Day 6 - 6 -- Running Afternoon

This afternoon brought a lot of running around. Temperatures were just above freezing, but the north wind made it feel quite cold when out walking. I headed out to pick up a receipt that had been omitted from a purchase yesterday. I stopped at the bank machine between that stop and the one to buy batteries so the smoke detector in the basement will stop chirping at me <smile>. When I got back to the house, I realized that the shelf tag for the batteries was different from what they charged me. I got redressed and headed back to return the things. It seems that the shelf tag was incorrect. This was on the very bottom of the display at floor level. There were four hooks each filled with batteries from a national brand. It seems that these were to be for the house label. <sigh> I looked and there were no hooks marked $11.49, which is what I was charged, so I have no idea what was up. The supervisor agreed to give it to me for the $8.49 shelf label price. I was told they don't know if someone changed the place of the batteries or what. It was difficult to not hear that as an accusation <shaking head>. My response was that laying on the floor trying to read the 8 point font was too challenging and if all four hooks were filled with national brand and no hooks existed for them, how was a customer to know what the price is. I did it with a smile, even though I didn't really feel like smiling <shaking head>. So -- I returned home, installed batteries and began running up and down stairs with laundry.

A song title and lyric came to mind that did make me smile. It is an older song. The lyrics mean something other than how I heard them today -- as something fitting my feeling of heading back and forth with vendors who can't get things together for customers and what they've turned me into today <smile>. Enjoy!

Runaround Sue -- Dion




No comments:

Post a Comment