Friday 25 January 2019

Day 6 - 24 -- Truth of the Coloured Snow

I woke to the sound  of the town crows -- hundreds of them filled the trees in my front and back yard just before sunrise -- long before alarm. I put in ear plugs and went back to bed. Once I got up, Thursday began with shoveling snow. When I got home last night, it was almost 10 PM and it was snowing. More snow was on the ground than forecasts had suggested -- expected 2-4 cm and I walked through over 5 cm and it was still falling. So, when I looked outside today, there was far more than I'd expected. I moved about 15 cm of compacted wet snow, so more than that fell before the temperatures rose. Now it might have been good that I chose not to shovel last night, since the gathering in the trees resulted in much discoloured snow. I've heard this termed 'snit' -- a combo of snow and the substance covering the snow today <smile>. I left the knee deep pile at the end of the dirveway for the plow man to push onto the front lawn. When I returned home late tonight, it was clear he hadn't been by yet. By now with the drizzle and warmer temperatures again, the knee high pile was now closer to ankle height at most. So, I pushed it all to the sides in hopes that the warming would remove the ice underneath.

I returned home late again tonight after attending the Allen J. MacEachen annual Lecture in Politics. Linden MacIntyre, journalist and author gave the lecture this year. His talk centred on the nature of truth -- not just factual truth, but rational truth. While a rather heavy topic, he lent his great sense of humour to examples that lightened the mood.

The song for tonight deals with a type of truth, delivered by lyrics in a blues-rock format. Musicians on this recording have been featured here in the past. Enjoy!

Tell the Truth -- Derek and the Dominos


No comments:

Post a Comment